Risk management, corporate governance and composition of the board, CEO-compensation and ownership, and international business.
Among the questions that Lars Oxelheim tries to answer with his research:
- Does the diversification of the corporate board of directors create shareholder value. What value is created with a diversified company board?)
- How to design a program to incentivize the CEO and his/her management team in a value creating way?
- Which ownership model is paramount in creating value and economic growth?
- How to develop a management system for dealing with corporate exposure to macroeconomic risks?
- How-to a company might distinguish between persistent and temporary gain in times of macroeconomic turbulence?
- How should macroeconomic impact on business performance be reported to external stakeholders?
- What is "optimal transparency" and how might deviations from this state of affairs be linked to economic growth?
- To what extent is language a barrier to the internationalization of a company's board?
- To what extent are financial factors important in a company's decisions on cross-border real investment?
The Multi-faceted Concept of Transparency
Jens Forssbæck and Lars Oxelheim
Lars Oxelheim's research interests are in the area of the interplay between the firm and its macroeconomic environment encompassing economic and financial integration as well as managerial aspects, corporate governance and risk management. His empirical studies are often based on European data. Lars Oxelheim has authored, co-authored or edited some 35 research monographs and is the author of a large number of research articles published in international business, finance, and economic journals of which a selection of recent articles is found below.