Success Strategies and Knowledge Transfer in Cross-Border Consulting Operations analyzes the international operations of consulting firms.
Apart from developing a theoretical framework which differs from traditional theories about international trade, the main issues analyzed in this book are:
- Success determinants when tendering for international consulting contracts.
- The choice between exports, acquisition of a local firm or establishing a greenfield office when entering foreign markets.
- The extent and nature of knowledge transfer to emerging markets.The role of development agencies in international consulting projects.
- The trend towards, and consequences of, more management services included in international projects.
- The effects on competition when state-owned consulting firms are allowed to operate in the international market.
The empirical analysis of these issues is based on a unique database of individual tender documents which Swedish consulting firms have submitted abroad..