Shon Ferguson was born in Canada and has lived in Sweden since 2005. He received his Ph.D. in Economics in 2010 from Stockholm University. Shon also has a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics. From 2011 to 2019 was a research fellow at IFN. He is currently a Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor (Docent) at the Department of Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala, Sweden, and is an affiliated researcher at IFN.
Among the questions that Shon Ferguson tries to answer with his research:
- How do firms respond to tougher competition due to trade liberalization?
- How do firms respond to higher energy prices?
- Why are high-tech firms so export-dependent?
- Do small- and medium-sized firms benefit from state-subsidized export promotion?
- Under what conditions does ownership of input providers help firms to produce more effectively?