Among the questions that Lars Oxelheim tries to answer with his research:
- Does the diversification of the corporate board of directors create shareholder value? What value is created with a diversified company board?
- How to design a program to incentivize the CEO and his/her management team in a value-creating way?
- Which ownership model is paramount in creating value and economic growth?
- How to develop a management system for dealing with corporate exposure to macroeconomic risks?
- How can a company distinguish between persistent and temporary profit in times of macroeconomic turbulence?
- How should macroeconomic impact on business performance be reported to external stakeholders?
- What is "optimal transparency" and how might deviations from this state of affairs be linked to economic growth?
- To what extent is language a barrier to the internationalization of a company's board?
- To what extent are financial factors important in a company's decisions on cross-border real investment?