Björn Tyrefors received his Ph.D. from Stockholm School of Economics in December 2007. The dissertation work focused on how institutions shape policy using quasi-experimental methods. After graduation, he held a Post doc. position at the Department of Economics at Århus University and later at the Department of Economics at Stockholm University. He is currently researcher at IFN and affiliated to the department of Economics at Stockholm University.
Some questions that Björn tries to answer in his research:
- Do political institutions cause, for example, policy economic institutions and development?
- Grading bias in Swedish schools
- Empirical tests of the scope of government. Public vs. private providers.
- What role play incentives for integration of refugees?
- Is there specific deterence. Evidence form Sweden?