Some of the issues Özge Öner addresses in her research:
- Neighborhood-level analysis of ethnic enclaves and segregation.
- Migration and mobility of immigrants and natives within and across local labor markets.
- Distance sensitivity of demand and market accessibility for various types of retail and service activities.
- The spatial composition of retail and service markets.
- Within city co-location of economic activity.
- Urban amenities, place attractiveness, and income sorting within cities.
- Population and service decline in rural areas.