Mats Hammarstedt is a professor of economics with a focus on labor economics at Linnaeus University. He has studied integration of the foreign-born. He has also studied discrimination against different groups in the labor market, the housing market, the credit market, and in school. Mats Hammarstedt has also studied the economic effects due to segregation and different aspects of entrepreneurship and self-employment.
Some of the questions Mats Hammarstedt tries to answer in his research:
- Labor market integration of the foreign-born
- Discrimination against different groups on different markets
- Self-employment and its determinants
- Housing segregation and its labor market consequences
- Life satisfaction and job satisfaction among different groups